Alexander Zharskiy, Partner
Specialization: Corporate/M&A, Banking and Finance, Restructuring and Insolvency
Telephone: +7 495 234 96 92
Alexander Zharskiy is a Partner at ALRUD law firm, leading the firm's corporate, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance work. He has extensive experience in in-bound and cross-border transaction in a variety of sectors: energy and power, metals and mining, real estate, consumer markets, TMT, pharmaceuticals and general industry.
Alexander Zharskiy joined ALRUD in 2004 and has been a partner since 2007. He is constantly recommended as a leading legal advisor on corporate and M&A matters. Clients praise his depth of experience: "His broad view means that we get real solutions to problems." (Chamber Global 2015).
Alexander is a member of the International Bar Association "Corporate and M&A Law" committee, and he regularly speaks on corporate and M&A topics at Russian and international conferences. He holds a J.D. degree as well as an LLM degree from University of Manchester.
Alexander is fluent in Russian and English.
Alexander’s recent projects include advising:
- Shareholder in the sale of its shares in OBI Group Russia - one of the biggest retail deal in 2016;
- Foreign investor in the sale of its share in the biggest fishing group of company in Russia - Karat Group;
- Mechel in offering to Gazprombank AO the option to purchase 49% share in the Elga coking coal deposit development project for 34.3 billion rubles;
- North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. and Seadrill Limited on a long term investment and co-operation Agreement with Rosneft;
- Gazpromneft in different M&A deals, including as one of the bidders in an auction acquisition of Burneftegaz oil company;
- A seller in the sale of Veropharm to Abbot;
- One of the sellers in the sale of shares in Sibuglemet Group to the group of investors (one of the biggest M&A transaction in 2013);
- Shareholders of Litres (a leading e-book store in Russia) in a cash-in deal with the Russian Internet Technology Fund and Litres in other different M&A deals;
- State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SOFAZ) on acquisition of Gallery Actor, mixed-use office and retail complex for USD 133 million;
- Olam International (a global leader in the agriculture sector) in establishing a JV with Rusmolko for the large scale development of dairy and grains farming in the Penza region of Russia;
- Pharmacy Chain 36,6 and its shareholders in most of deals done for the last 7 years, including recent sale of 52% of shares of the pharmaceutical producer Veropharm for approx USD 156 mln;
- Qiwi plc., a leading payment processing company, in connection with the IPO of American depository shares and listing on Nasdaq Global Select Market.
Rankings and Awards
- Chambers Global, 2015 recommends Alexander Zharskiy for Corporate / M&A
- Chambers Europe, 2015 recommends Alexander Zharskiy for Corporate / M&A
- The Legal 500, 2015 includes Alexander Zharskiy in the list of the leading lawyers recommended for Banking and Finance
- The Legal 500, 2015 recommends Alexander Zharskiy for Corporate / M&A, Real Estate and Construction
- Best Lawyers, 2015 recognizes Alexander Zharskiy as an expert in Corporate law